TRAINING BASICS Before you can start with any real preparation for an event, you should have the basics in place. The below is a list of items that you need to consider in order to prepare for a successful event.
- correct size bicycle
- correct bicycle set-up
- define your long term goal
- define your short term goal
In order to achieve your goal (s) have a precise and structure plan in place, consisting of:
- training plan: available hours, incorporating the different phases of training
- 4 week training programs with HR training zones and specific sessions
- gym program to strengthen
- correct nutrition to build lean muscle mass, stabilize energy levels, muscle recovery
If you do not have enough knowledge of the above, make an appointment with one of the Breakaway Rides experts, who will be able to take you through the basics and provide you with a structured program.
Hannele’s food brand Passion 4 Wholeness offers a variety of health mueslis, porridges and snacks on the go. For more info, view her site passion4wholeness.co.za or contact her directly on email@example.com.