- This event has passed.
Ladies Coaching Intermediate Meerendal
March 10 2018 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
You have a few shorter or longer mountain bike events under your belt. Your main goal is to ride more efficient, fly through rock gardens like a pro, rail berms without losing speed, staying in control on steep terrain, and take drops and smaller jumps safely without slowing down.
HOW IT WORKS
We ride every Saturday 8-11h00 in different areas including Table Mountain, Tygerberg and Stellenbosch. Each session will pick 1-2 techniques, in line with the riding terrain we are on, and practice, practice, practice. The idea is that you train consistently. We are not promising that you become a pro cyclist in 3 hours, but we do ensure that you improve over the course of several training sessions and evolve as a well-rounded and confident mountain biker to conquer events like the ABSA Cape Epic, Wines 2 Whales and Lesotho Sky.
Included in your training will be nutritional advice and fitness training tips. A tailored fitness program is available on request at an additional cost
Program: Front wheel lift, manual, wheelie | Rear wheel lift | Negotiating rock gardens, sand, roots | Fast cornering flat bends and berms Cornering on gradient | Switch back practice | Learning to jumps small drop offs, steps and ramps in control | Fitness training will be introduced to improve endurance and speed
Meerendal, Bloemendal, Bottelary Hills, Hoogekraal, Contermanskloof, Hillcrest, Bloemendaler, Kirstenbosch, Table Mountain, Signal Hill (Schedule will be emailed on request)
Hannele Steyn is the last lioness of the Absa Cape Epic, as she has completed all Epics since the inaugural event in 2004. Besides, she has competed in most events that are on the calendar in South Africa, almost always with a podium finish. Hannele has raced professionally most her life, initially as a Triathlete where she was crowned World Triathlon champion and later in the mountain biking discipline (XCM, XCO). She achieved fifth position in the world ranking. This multitalented is a trained nutritionist and won’t miss a moment to educate you on healthy eating and lifestyle.
R380 per session | Drop-in
R350 per session | x 5 Rides Pack R1750
R320 per session | x 10 Rides Pack R3000
R290 per session | Term package R3190 (until 27 March)
• 2 hour skills and fitness ride with a qualified mtb coach with first aid certificate
• Small groups, maximum of 6 riders per coach
• Trail fee
• Basic mechanical support
• Coffee or cool drink at the end of the ride
• Term members receive FREE bike set up, nutritional advice and goody-bag with Hammer Nutrition and Passion 4 Wholeness products, buff, chain loop by squirt, water bottle and more
• Term members (>4 months) can opt for a tailored fitness/cycle program for R290 per month
• Term members (>6 months) receive a complimentary cycle top by Enjoy Fitness
• Term members receive 20% discount on monthly outrides
• Term members can join any of our rides (except monthly outride), as many times as they like
• Term members receive discounts on protective wear by G-Form, sunblock SolrX, Hammer Nutrition and Passion 4 Wholeness products, Enjoy Fitness garments
Contact email@example.com or 0827955878 for bookings.